Stone Arch Bridge Closure
Weather permitting, the Stone Arch Bridge will be closed 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 19th and 20th. The closure is necessary for Xcel Energy to perform maintenance on overhead power lines running between towers at Gold Medal Park and Father Hennepin Bluff Park. Please follow posted detours and stay away from areas where work is being performed. The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board appreciates the public's patience while this project is completed.
I-94 Ramp Closures
As of April 18th, I-94 ramps will be closed to and from westbound I-94 near downtown Minneapolis and will include the following:
- Westbound I-94 ramp to 11th Street
- Eastbound I-394 ramp to Westbound I-94
- Northbound Lynndale Avenue S ramp to Westbound I-94
All 3 ramps will remain closed through mid-June 2018.
For the Westbound I-94 ramp to 11th Street closure, motorists should follow posted detour and continue Westbound on I-94 to the Lynndale Avenue-Hennepin Avenue exit and follow Northbound Hennepin Avenue to 12th Street. Motorists who use the Westbound I-94 ramp to 11th Street to access Grant Street to Fifth Avenue South will need to find alternate routes. Access to 11th Street, Grant Street, and Fifth Avenue South from Northbound I-35W will remain open.
I-35W Lane and Road Closure
- The left lane on Norhtbound I-35W is closed from 26th Street into downtown Minneapolis.
- Northbound I-35W will be closed between Hwy 62 and I-94 starting at 10 p.m. Wednesday, April 18th to Thursday, April 19th.
- Southbound I-35W will be closed between I-94 and Hwy 62 starting at 10 p.m. Thursday, April 19th to Friday, April 20th.
Streets Impacted By CenterPoint Energy Gas Upgrades
- E. Hennepin Avenue from Nicollet Island to 5th Street SE
- Central Avenue from E. Hennepin Avenue to 6th Street SE
- 5th Street SE from the Northstar Line - BNSF Railroad to E. Hennepin Avenue
- Main Street SE from the 1st Avenue Bridge to E. Hennepin Avenue
- Nicollet Island, Wilder Street and Merriam Street from E. Hennepin Avenue to Nicollet Island Pavillion
Please Note: Construction as a result of the CenterPoint upgrade, will occur in segments along the construction route rather than all at once. Lane restrictions will occur in areas where active construction is taking place and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.